You can send email communications to individual leads, whole lists, or event registrants directly from Funnel. There is a range of ways to get started with creating new communication. You can choose to select your recipients from the previously mentioned options or build your email first and then add your recipients later.
To do this click the 'Communications' module from the top navigation menu and then select the '+new email' button.
You'll be presented with a pop-up asking you to complete some information about your new email communication. Here you'll need to enter a name, choose whether your email with be received by leads or event attendees, choose to use an email template and whether your email should be received by only the primary contact.
Once you've completed these details, click 'create an email.' Now it's time to prepare your email – let's take a look at the example below.
At the top of the page, you'll see the following information that will assist you in preparing your new email:
- Send to: here you can select the recipients of your new email
- Category: choose which communication category this email is related to so that subscribers of that category will receive it too.
- When to send: you can select whether you'd like to send your email immediately or schedule it to send in the future.
When composing your email you can add the following information:
- Reply to: Select an appropriate email address that'll receive any emails sent in response to this one. You can select from any Funnel users or add a specific email address for this scenario.
- Subject: write an engaging and relevant subject line to encourage recipients to open their email.
- Text: add the content that recipients will read when they open your email. You can bold, italicise, underline, or link your text.
- Button: add a button with text and one link that you would like recipients to click on.
- Signature: add an email signature to personalise the email.
- Event: adds a summary of all the event information in one area rather than having to add separate tokens for this
On the right-hand side, you'll see a preview of your email which will update live as you make changes. If you're not ready to send your email just yet, you can click the 'save draft and close' button to come back to it later. Otherwise, you can choose to 'send now' or 'schedule.' It's important to note that there's also a 'delete' option if you're not happy with your email and wish to delete it permanently.
If you choose to send your email, you will need to confirm your selection.
You'll then be taken to your communications page and be shown a chronological list of your communications. If you'd like to view a report of your communication, simply click on the communication to see a breakdown of its performance.